To be eligible to apply for a Performing Arts Venue Relief Program grant, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a primary mission/purpose to produce or present performing arts programming, including theatre, dance, comedy, performance art and/or music, including live mixing by DJs.
- Have a PPA (Public Place of Amusement) or Music and Dance license in good standing.
- Be located in the city of Chicago with a valid street address (P.O. Boxes will not be accepted).
- Own or lease year-round a venue or club that is demonstrated as a primary component of the organization, at which performing arts performances are the primary amusement/activity, as verified by past programmatic listings and website content documenting featured artists.
- Be an independent venue that is not owned, run, or exclusively booked by a multinational corporation or publicly-traded company.
- Must have been incorporated and operating since at least December 2019.
- Must not be able to open at full capacity as part of Restore Illinois or Reopening Chicago Phase 4.
- Must pay fair fees to artists in accordance with standard wage and labor laws. *
- Must have experienced an earned revenue loss of at least 75% due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must not owe more than $2,500 in unpaid fees, services, or other costs to the City of Chicago.
*Artists employed or contracted by venue must be paid at or above minimum wage and/or be paid a percentage of cover fees/ticket sales.
For more information, and to apply, visit the DCASE website.