Now Hiring: Development and Operations Manager
Who We Are
Arts Alliance Illinois champions arts resources and policies that benefit our members and all Illinois residents. As the only statewide, multidisciplinary organization concentrated on the strength of arts and culture, the Alliance takes on challenges that no single organization or artist can face alone.
Arts Alliance Illinois is seeking a full-time Development and Operations Manager to join our staff as soon as possible. This position will be part of the administrative and logistical needs of the organization by supporting the Development and Operations teams. The person in this role will be reporting to the Deputy Director of Internal Affairs and working closely with the Director of Development. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a good writer, tech-savvy, and a quick learner comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience or knowledge of creative sector organizations in Illinois is preferred and a commitment to uphold the Alliance’s values to create an equitable working environment is required. This position is 85% remote and will require the employee to go into our Chicago office on a weekly basis.
This is a full-time, exempt, position with a salary ranging from $43,000 to $47,000 based on experience. Arts Alliance Illinois provides a suite of benefits to ensure an optimal work/life balance for our staff. This includes unlimited paid time off with a minimum of 15 days required plus federal holidays and an end-of-year break, 403(b) match after the first year, medical/dental/vision insurance, phone and internet stipend, and paid family leave. A comprehensive breakdown of these benefits is provided to all finalists.
Development Support (50%)
- Support the Development Director with managing foundation, government, and corporate grants, including:
- Writing and editing grant proposals and reports.
- Researching new grant opportunities.
- Managing a rigorous grants calendar and maintaining deadlines.
- Updating database with new grant opportunities and relevant deliverables.
- Communicating with administrative staff of funders.
- Writing and editing grant proposals and reports.
- Be responsible for donor acknowledgment process, from processing outgoing mail (electronic and paper) to updating the donor database upon completion.
- Clean and prepare raw data for entry into our donor database (Salesforce).
- Update existing and create new data in Salesforce as required (contacts, accounts, opportunities, etc.).
- Research foundation and major donor prospects (using foundation websites or donor research databases as necessary).
- Support Development Director as needed in the logistical planning of the Annual Benefit and other fundraising projects.
Operations Support (50%)
- Assist the Deputy Director of Internal Affairs with critical organizational needs like:
- The development and implementation of new policies and processes.
- The yearly budgeting and goal-setting process for the organization.
- Managing relationships with the Board of Directors and executing quarterly meetings.
- Processing income, expenses, and bank deposits on a regular basis.
- Manage the timely execution of payroll.
- Upload invoices and perform vendor management.
- Coordinate the administration of employee benefits.
- Provide IT support to staff members.
- File lobbying and yearly expenditure reports.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and/or experience:
- Previous experience in grant writing and/or grants management is required.
- Technical fluency with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite is required.
- Previous experience using a CRM required, Salesforce highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing mid-to-large volumes of data preferred.
- Previous experience with Slack, Bill.com, Airtable, Zoom, and Asana preferred.
Our ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Systems savvy and comfortable in databases
- Quick learner of new processes and platforms
- Self-starter capable to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Capable of working calmly and remaining responsive in a rapidly shifting environment
To apply please fill out this form. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis but preference will be given to those who apply by June 30th. You will be required to attach your resume and answer four questions in lieu of a cover letter. No phone calls, emails, or printed materials, please.
We will be conducting three rounds of interviews, each with different members of the organization. Finalists will also be asked to complete an exercise, for which they will be paid $100.
Arts Alliance Illinois values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage Black, Indigenous or People of Color, immigrants, people without college degrees, LGTBQ individuals, people with disabilities, and anyone part of a group that has been historically discriminated against, to apply.
If you are seeking accommodations to apply for this job, please email email@example.com with your request.