Now Hiring: Development and Operations Assistant
Who We Are
Arts Alliance Illinois champions arts resources and policies that benefit our members and all Illinois residents. As the only statewide, multidisciplinary organization concentrated on the strength of arts and culture, the Alliance takes on challenges that no single organization or artist can face alone.
Arts Alliance Illinois is seeking a permanent part-time Development and Operations Assistant to join our staff as soon as possible. This position will be support the administrative and logistical needs of the organization as part of the Development and Operations teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, tech savvy, and a quick learner comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience or knowledge of creative sector organizations in Illinois and a commitment to uphold the Alliance’s values to create an equitable working environment is required.
Hours are flexible but expected to average 20-30 hours a week at a rate of $20 per hour. We highly encourage working artists and others with active creative practices who are looking for a part-time stable source of income to apply.
Development Support (50%)
- Run the donor acknowledgements process entirely; from processing outgoing mail (electronic and paper) to updating the donor database upon completion
- Clean and prepare raw data for entry into our donor database (Salesforce)
- Update existing and create new data in Salesforce as required (contacts, accounts, opportunities, etc.)
- Research foundation and major donor prospects (using foundation websites or donor research databases as necessary)
- Support Development Manager as needed in the logistical planning of the Annual Benefit and other fundraising projects
Operations Support (25%)
- File biweekly lobbying expenditure reports
- Schedule Board committee meetings
- Support the creation of materials for Board meetings
- Take thorough minutes at Board and Board committee meetings
- Check and reroute messages sent to the general inbox and voicemail
- Maintain orderly electronic records on cloud storage system, Egnyte
- Collect paperwork from vendors
- Send invoices as needed
- Assist in the accounting cycle by managing cash deposits.
Executive Director Support (25%)
- Assist the Executive Director with inbox management
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule
- Provide technological support to the Executive Director as needed.
Our ideal candidate has the following traits or experience:
- Some previous experience using a CRM required, Salesforce highly preferred
- Some previous experience managing mid-to-large volumes of data is preferred
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Systems savvy and comfortable in databases
- Quick learner of new processes and platforms
- Self starter capable to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Capable of work calmly and remain responsive in a rapidly shifting environment
Arts Alliance Illinois is working remotely due to the current health crisis, so reliable internet access and a working computer are required. To accommodate this need, a $25 monthly internet stipend is provided for this position. This position will require the employee to go into our Chicago office on a weekly basis.
The Alliance provides paid sick leave for this position in compliance with the City of Chicago’s Paid Sick Leave ordinance. We also provide paid family leave for part time employees after 6 months of employment (4 weeks at 100% of average pay, 4 weeks at 50%). No health benefits are included for this position.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure to address the following questions in the cover letter:
- What involvement, either personally or professionally, do you have with the arts?
- How does your experience translate to the responsibilities of this position?
- What is a 3 to 5 year professional goal you have?
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis but are highly encouraged to apply no later than August 1, 2021.
Arts Alliance Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Employment and promotions are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.