Who We Are
Arts Alliance Illinois champions arts resources and policies that benefit our members and all Illinois residents. As the only statewide, multidisciplinary organization concentrated on the strength of arts and culture, the Alliance takes on challenges that no single organization or artist can face alone.
Arts Alliance Illinois is seeking a permanent part-time Administrative Assistant to join our staff as soon as possible. This position will be supporting the technical and logistical needs of our programs, communications and our day-to-day administrative needs. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, tech savvy, and a quick learner comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience or knowledge of creative sector organizations in Illinois and a commitment to uphold the Alliance’s values to create an equitable working environment is required.
Hours are flexible but expected to average 20-30 hours a week at a rate of $18 per hour. Ultimately, the Alliance aims to see this role grow into a full time position, if the budget allows.
Website and Data Management Support (15%)
- Updating WordPress website with news, policy resources, press releases, and event information
- Perform general website maintenance
- Prepare programs and advocacy data for Salesforce input
- Pull program data for grant reports and other development needs.
- Track and organize questions received through webinars for the website FAQ page.
Programs Support (5%)
- Setting up Zoom meetings and webinars
- Setting up event registration pages
- Manage sign ups for our one-on-one programs (“Ask Jonathan”).
Communications Support (65%)
- Proofreading newsletters
- Sending follow-up e-mails to program participants
- Creating surveys and other forms
- Assisting in the creation of Powerpoint presentations
- Create social media graphics using templates provided
- Optimizing links for sharing on social media
- Inputting social media posts into Hootsuite scheduler
- Sending newsletters and advocacy alerts through Pardot
- Pulling contact lists for targeted e-mails using Salesforce and Pardot
- Creating advocacy action campaigns using Phone2Action platform
- Researching and aggregating funding opportunities and webinars for the creative sector in Illinois
- Create quarterly reports on email, social media, and program engagement rates.
- File biweekly lobbying expenditure reports
- Take thorough minutes at Board meetings
- Schedule committee meetings as necessary
- Support the creation of materials for Board meetings
- Check and reroute messages sent to the general inbox and voicemail
- Maintains orderly electronic records on Egnyte
- Collect paperwork from vendors
- Send invoices as needed
- Assist the Executive Director with inbox management and scheduling
Our ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Methodical and detail-oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Systems savvy and comfortable in databases.
- Quick learner of new processes and platforms.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work calmly and remain responsive in a rapidly shifting environment
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) of Powerpoint, Google Suite, Excel, Asana, Slack, Pardot, Salesforce, Jotform, bit.ly, Hootsuite, WordPress, Zoom, GoDaddy, Figma, Squarespace, Egnyte.
Arts Alliance Illinois is working remotely due to the current health crisis, so reliable internet access and a computer are required. To accommodate this need, a $25 monthly internet stipend is provided for this position. As Cook County reopens we expect some in-person work at our Chicago office to partially resume, although we are open to candidates from across Illinois.
The Alliance provides paid sick leave for this position in compliance with the City of Chicago’s Paid Sick Leave ordinance. We also provide paid family leave for part time employees after 6 months of employment (4 weeks at 100% of average pay, 4 weeks at 50%). No health benefits are included for this position.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com no later than April 11, 2021. Please make sure to address the following questions in the cover letter:
- What involvement, either personally or professionally, do you have with the arts?
- How does your past experience translate to the needs of this position?
- What is a 3 to 5 year professional goal you have?
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Arts Alliance Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to building an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Employment and promotions are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.